Monday, October 23, 2006

On a serious note - Darfur - What are you doing?

Dear Friend,

When the Jews were slaughtered many people said "I didn't know." And many wondered how our world could allow such an atrocity. I ask you now - please - do not be one of those who say "I didn't know!!"

Everyday, the 2.5 million people chased from their homes in Darfur face the threat of starvation, disease, and rape, while the few lucky enough to remain in their homes risk displacement, torture, and murder.

For the last few months I have asked – what can I do? I can only pray for these people – there is nothing I can do. And then I realized that was a lie, I can do more!! While I continue to pray daily for the people of Darfur I have also chosen to do all I can - I sign every petition I can find and write letters to every politician and newspaper that I can. I can also get the word out to everyone I know and that is why I am sending this to you!

This situation is unbelievable, morally repugnant, and just plain sad. Please, I ask you - to inform yourself, and then tell everyone you know. Do something, anything, even if it's only signing an online petition. We can not sit back and watch innocent people die by the thousands and say "I didn't know”. Because - now - you do know!

This is the Holocaust of our generation!!


We must continue to do all we can. We must do the right thing.

“The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it.”
– H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Would you please join me in calling on President Bush and UN Secretary General Kofi Annan to do more? Please?

Visit http://www.savedarfur.org to do so. Do not ignore this situation!!

Other sites you can visit:
http://www.ushmm.org/conscience/alert/darfur/index.php?content=contents/01-overview/
http://www.darfurgenocide.org/


Thank you and God bless you!


I expect to pass through this life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Action is the antidote to despair. – Joan Baez

When a man has compassion for others, God has compassion for him.

I think the purpose of life is to be useful, to be responsible, to be honorable, to be compassionate. It is, after all, to matter; to count, to stand for something, to have made some difference that you lived at all. – Leo Rosten

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home